Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ricotta Hot Cakes

Thanks to some very amazing people (you know who you are) I have been  given the opportunity to work in the kitchen at Tonik Bar (in Kensington). I am starting out as the Saturday breakfast chef but will also be learning the dinner menu. 

My first official weekend in the kitchen was last weekend and I must admit it was pretty full on but it was definitely one of the most rewarding things I have done in a long time. With the orders flowing in I slowly worked out how to operate a commercial kitchen. 

At the end of the shift there was still a whole batch of our ricotta hot cake mix left over so Bryan (the head chef) and I took it home so it wouldn't go to waste. So below is my home version of the dish, served with berry compote, fresh bananas, mint and maple syrup. I made this for breakfast this week as well and topped it with natural yoghurt! It was delicious.

I am not going to share the recipe for these bad boys because you should come down to Tonik Bar and try it for real!!!   













No comments:

Post a Comment