Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Too sweet or not too sweet!

I am not usually a dessert person, but for some unknown reason (maybe it's the change of season) I have been craving sweets and lots of chocolate. So to mix things up I have been making lots of little things for dessert.

This first one is strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate then rolled in crushed pistachio nuts. Fresh, salty and sweet, what more could you want.

An experiment with mint slice biscuits, short crust pastry and crushed straberries mixed through ricotta. An interesting combination, but it was amazing.
I crushed mint slice biscuits in my pestal and mortar and put that on the pastry first, then I topped it with the ricotta mixture, then sprinkled some more of the mint mixture and a few pieces of fresh strawberries to finish it off.
Simple and yummy, the mini ones were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment