Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Poached egg on toast anyone?

This morning I was lucky enough to find some left over chorizo in the fridge and decided to make one of my favourite breakfast. Poached eggs and things on toast.


















You can adapt it to the flavours and ingredients you prefer but for my this was my combination for today:

- Grilled toast with hommous
- Pan fried chorizo, then chop it into pieces
- Pan fried sliced mushrooms (cooked in the chorizo fat)
- Pan fried cherry tomatoes, halved, cooked in the same pan after the mushrooms
- Poached egg, just bring some water to the boil in a saucepan, then reduce to a simmer, add a dash of vinegar and then gently crack the egg in, it should only take a few minutes
- Rocket
- Shaved parmesan

I placed the mushrooms onto the toast, then the rocket, the egg sits on top, then scatter the chorizo and tomatoes over the top. Then sprinkle with shaved parmesan.

It's quick and super delicious and a great way to use random ingredients for a hearty breakfast. I sometimes like to drizzle over some Tabasco sauce too- for an extra punch of heat!

Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment