Friday, August 27, 2010

A Promised Feast

I promised my girlfriend I would cook her a yummy dinner early this week and it was put off for a few nights as I ended up having to work. So to make up for the delay, I decided to make a very special dinner on thursday night, a three course meal to be exact. To accomplish this I needed some help from my good friend (not in real life) Donnah Hay. I went slightly off recipe but still was heavily inspired by her and her recipes from her 'Entertaining' book.

To start, we enjoyed a few pieces of french stick, lightly toasted, topped with roasted holoumi cheese with olive oil, lemon zest and chopped fresh oregano and fresh cherry tomatoes to garnish.


Follwed by roast lamb with oregano and a potato, dill and red onion salad. The lamb had an simple yet amazing dressing of honey and dijon mustard (the honey we have is beautifully candied so gave it an amazing texture and flavour)



And last but definately not least, my all time favourite Sticky Date Pudding, and yes I used mini tea saucers to serve it, needless to say they absolutely melt in your mouth and you can't help but want more!







No comments:

Post a Comment