Monday, January 25, 2010

To begin with....

Food.
It is part of everyday life.
we need it to survive.

But...

I find that all social engagements revolve around food and drinks.
I mean who doesn't enjoy a beautiful glass of red wine and a bowl of homemade chorizo and mushroom risotto or perhaps pizza and a beer would suit you better? either way, the combination of good food and drinks remains to stand as the best and foremost carefree way to socialize.

I am a food lover from way back, and would choose a cheese platter over a cheese burger anyday! (although i will admit to you- that if you do need a cheeseburger fix get:
a Cheeseburger from Maccas
but ask for:
  • no pickle
  • no onions
  • add a rasher of bacon
this is similar to one they have at the moment but it needs the original sauces NOT the BBQ sauce. This altered version of the cheeseburger is now referred to as
'The Mc Noods' it totally rocks.
Let me know what you think if you end up trying one!

But one thing i ponder is how much... is too much?
My 3 best friends and I often catch up for dinner, picnics and various other food engagements, (seeing as 2 of them live out of town- the catch ups are long and therefore need large quantities of yummy to get us through) and although we all love good food we seem to eat in excess rather than being satisfied with small amount of quality.

We recently had our christmas picnic catch up.
The day started as follows:
Hung over-
11am Went out for breaky
Feeing full, went home to pick up things for picnic in the park, then went to the park around 1pm.
1.30pm Ate food at the picnic, put food away and chatted.
3.30pm pulled out the food again and re-snacked
5pm Headed home to change, picked up other people and proceeded to drive to henley beach to get fish and chips for dinner.

Now seriously that is wrong...
but the funny thing is none of us were sick!
and we would all do it again in a heartbeat!

I will continue to log random food/ drink events and post easy meals i cook for myself and my awesome girlfriend. I love to cook and want to share some of the fun.

My next post will be about eating to live and living to eat. Which is something my friends and i discuss a lot!
Bye now.
Garlic Lover. x

No comments:

Post a Comment